Observations made with the MUSE spectrograph, with the collaboration of Instituto de Astrofísica e Ciências do Espaço (IA), allowed for direct detection of the invisible glow of Lyman-alpha emission, from dim clouds of hydrogen in the early Universe.
- Asteroid named after Portuguese astrophysicist
- Galactic Archeology and the raiders of the endless treasures of the Milky Way
- 10th June, is Portugal Day and day of eclipse
- Active Galaxies: where matter meets cosmic monsters
- Dark Energy Survey reveals that the Universe is just slightly less clumpy than predicted