- Make available, for students and their families, initiatives and projects in the field of Astronomy, coordinated by professionals from that area.
- Increase the understanding of astronomy-related content and, above all, of its processes, allowing the teacher to access a variety of resources, initiatives and projects that may enhance his/her daily work.
- Have an astronomy researcher as a work partner in his/her daily work, as well as a science communicator specialized in transposing contents and processes in astronomy to the younger public.
Visit the website of the project (in Portuguese).
Elements of CoAstro:
- Researchers from Instituto de Astrofísica e Ciências do Espaço (IA);
- Science communicators at IA;
- Primary school teachers.
Primary school students and their families.
- Gathering CoAstro teams – until December
- Participation in the kickoff event of the project – January
- Collaboration stage between researchers, science communicators and teachers – until July
Collaboration stage – all included in it will be defined colaboratively between the CoAstro elements, at the project’s kickoff event. It will include, at least:
- Visit(s) of the researcher and science communicator to the schools, collaborating in the implementation of activities for children and their families;
- Visit(s) of the teacher (and eventually his/hers students) to IA;
- Permanent support, by the researcher and/or science communicator, of the teacher’s work;
- Participation of the teacher in the work being developed at IA’s research group on “Origin and Evolution of Stars and Galaxies”.
- Instituto de Astrofísica e Ciências do Espaço
- Unidade de Ensino das Ciências da Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade do Porto
- Planetário do Porto – Centro Ciência Viva