The courses in Astronomy and Astrophysics aim at satisfying the natural curiosity about the Universe and at providing fundamental concepts to follow and understand many of the recent discoveries in the field.
One can also get introduced to the direct observation of the nightsky, with its planets, nebulas and galaxies, through practical courses on the use of telescopes and photo cameras in astronomy.
These courses are given in Portuguese by researchers of Instituto de Astrofísica e Ciências do Espaço and teachers of Universidade de Lisboa. Detailed information (in Portuguese) about the courses available can be found below:
- Introduction to Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Introduction to Astronomical Observations
- Planetary Systems: Ours and the Others
- Life and Death of the Stars
- Other Worlds – The New Great Adventure NEW
- The Origins of Galaxies
- Brief History of the Universe NEW
- Albert Einstein and the Paradoxes of the Theory of Relativity
- Techniques of Observation and Imaging with CCD
Due to the present propagation of the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and associated disease (Covid-19), we have decided to temporarily suspend our astronomy and astrophysics courses.