The discovery of a “super-earth” around the star HIP 116454 is the first of the extended mission K2, and includes Instituto de Astrofísica e Ciências do Espaço (IA) researcher Pedro Figueira.
- Imaginary extraterrestrials help learn about the Solar System and about life beyond Earth
- “ET – A Solar System Adventure” board game
- Portugal and the largest international organization in astronomy strengthen ties for science communication
- Astronomers discover irregularities in the core of red giants
- How to detect far away planets?